Monday 16 May 2016

See you on the other side....

Hello Readers,

Sorry it has been so long.  I have been taking a well earned break after that rather long distance I did 3 weeks ago!




I would love to tell you that it has been an exciting 3 weeks, and I have been doing lots of running and I am fit and well.  But truth be told I have only ran twice, I have eaten lots of food, and drank far too much alcohol and pretty much put on all of the weight that I lost!!

But all is not lost...

So my two runs:

Sunday 1st May

Like many other runners, I ran 3.2 miles in memory of David Seath who tragically lost his life 3.2 miles short of the London Marathon finishing line.  It was hard as I was still battling with injury, however I kept thinking of how lucky I was to be limping along whilst Family and friends of this brave soldier were grieving.

May you rest in peace my fellow runner, and enjoy the cushions of the clouds, know that your running dreams will be lived through every runner that touches concrete.  I thank you for serving our country and I thank you for your bravery to help others.

Sleep tight.

Sunday 8th May

Another hard 3.3 miles, I feel I am losing my stride.  The pull I experience in my left leg is frustrating to say the least!  It generally eases after 5k however by then I am exhausted with frustration and cannot be bothered to carry on.  For those first 5k, it feels so awkward to move...

So to today, I have finally come to put this 1st chapter to bed, I am so grateful for the help of the Big Marathon Challenge for getting me this far, but now I must carry on.

For those of you who would like to continue to follow me click on over to my new blog - Fatty Boom Boom - Starting Over   which I like to call the second blog in the Fatty Boom Boom series, which kind of states that there will be more after.... OH DEAR!  I hope to have a post on their tomorrow if I can drag this FBB off the couch and out for a run.

On a final note, I would like to thank each and every one of my readers, who has read and followed and commented.  You were with me every step of the way and motivated me to carry on. Please give yourselves a clap on the back and know that you too were next to me along that 26.2 little miles.

Much Love
FBB


4 comments:

  1. Hi Elle Well done getting back out there its never easy when your injured . I did the Bristol 10k on Sunday, I would like to say it was amazing and I got my target time .... but no I was on track all through training and did 10k each weekend for four weeks with times improving each week ( thanks to you pushing me to stop being so hard on myself) then 10 days before I had a personal training session and damaged something in m groin followed 2 days later by a stinking cold which went straight to my chest. By race day the groin strain was a little improved but not right but the cold was ( and still is) firmly placed on my lungs and not moving. I was determined however to get through. I ran brilliantly looking at my garmin readings later my running bits would have put me o target for the 1hr 15 I was aiming for . Unfortunately I had to keep stopping to cough up a lung or two and then a minutes walk to get my composure back before running again . In the end I finished at 1hr 25 , oh and my lungs still haven't forgiven me .
    I will go out running again and wear my new t-shirt with pride as I bloody earned it .
    I move over to following your new blog , But wanted to end this one by letting you know how it went .

    wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy!

    That is an amazing achievement, I feel I may have not made it with a groin strain and chest problems! But forget all that, you wanted 1:15 and got 1:25 with injury and illness!! That is outstanding! My fastest 10k is like 1:17 I think and that is fully fit and raring to go! Still I hope and pray to seriously improve on that now over the next year.

    BUT... if you can get 1:25 with illness and injury madam, get back out there you can get better than 1:15 when you fighting fit again... you will have battled with yourself because you were ill and injured and gone at your fullest possible, now take that attitude to your training Missy!

    I found a post on my Facebook time-hop from this time last year, I had just completed a 5k race. took me just under the 40 minutes (which it still does frustratingly) but it had almost killed me, amazing that in less than a year I have done a marathon!

    Still focusing on 5/10k speeds now, and the quality of my running as apposed to the quantity. We can do this my girl and we can do it together :)

    FBB xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your response ,
    I previously ( 2 years and several stone lighter ago) did 10k in 1hr 16 and 1hr 14 so 1hr 15 would have been wonderful and I had promised myself that if I got it then I would enter the half marathon for September. But hey ho not this time . I was looking for a nice slow runner friendly 10k to do in the not to distant future and try and get a fully fit time but a lot of them around me have 500 or so participants which doesn't really appeal as no crowd to hide in. The WR magazine used to do one in Bristol but they have pulled out . so will keep working on my cycle track 10k 's and my good old gps watch.

    any how see you on the other side . looking forward to what comes next

    wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you consider travelling? I am doing Finsbury Park in September and would be happy to meet up with you, but it would be a bit of a treck on the train for you.

    ReplyDelete