Wednesday 25 November 2015

Beautiful Moonlit Run

Good Evening!

I am feeling energised, clean and happy, can only mean one thing, I have been for a run and enjoyed a steaming hot bubble bath!!

When I was driving home from work the moon looked so beautiful, it was huge and looked stunning against the dark black sky and yet almost mysterious with smoky clouds glistening over it at times.  I couldn't resist getting out and enjoying it.


So I quickly got changed, did some stretches and off I went, started with a good 5 minute speedy walk to warm up, got to the point I wanted to start running and as per usual my watch wouldn't get GPS!  (My new one hasn't arrived yet.)  There I stood under a lamp post pacing back and forth willing it to connect and no doubt looking like a right weirdo in my short sleeves (it was cold enough to see my breath) to all the evening rush hour traffic.  After another 5 mins turning it off an on it finally connected and off I went.

The first half K is around a windy road full of very expensive large houses, I can only dream to ever call one home. Then onto a very steep down hill, it was taking me all I had not to going arse over tit and rolling down it! (Although that would have seriously improved my PB time.)

At the bottom of the hill you run up over a humped bridge which used to run over the old train lines before they stopped using them.  It then leads into town, however I cut back through to follow the path along the river, I cant go too far though as it isn't lit very well and I am likely to fall in.  By this point by calves were really tightening and I was in a fair bit of pain and considerably knackered which upset me as I had only gone about 2.5k.  I stopped at the end of the bridge and stretched my legs out and carried on the path looping back on myslf until I reached the cycle path that leads home.

It is yet another windy fairly steep hill back upto where I live but I tried my best and ran up most of it.  When I was almost home my legs were feeling much better and as I had done 3.5k I decided to loop round the block to make it 4.  At least then it wouldn't feel like a complete fail.

When I got in I stretched out and uploaded my run and realised the error of my ways, I had gone out way to fast and completed the 1st KM in 6.48, which may be slow to many of you, but is far to fast for me, I should average 7.30s.

Hey Ho, I am feeling good for my run, and my legs are not feeling that bad considering so all in all am very happy.

Have a lovely day off Friday and hopefully my new trainers and watch will have arrived so a nice long run along the river I go.

Happy Running all!

FBB


No comments:

Post a Comment