Saturday 28 November 2015

Furthest Yet..

Hi,

So as mentioned in my previous post, I had yesterday off.  My new items had arrived Thursday evening and I was so excited to try them out!

I had intended on going out early, however I ended up having to take my fiance to work or he would have been late after we had some in depth discussion.  Turns out when I got back I realised I hadn't eaten, it was already past midday, so I had  bowl of golden syrup porridge.  Left it an hour, did some stretches, and then off I went.

Started with a speedy walk to warm up and then just as I was approaching the cycle path I started my watch eager to see how quick it would get GPS... Seconds!! Seconds and it told me to run, no hanging around street corners under lam-posts for me anymore!



So down the cycle path I ran, trying not to slip or go too fast, the trainers felt comfortable at this point, very light almost bouncy although strange from more usual Asics.  I followed the path and set off down the river.  At this point I wasn't really sure what I was aiming at doing other than running, testing my new goods and praying that I my muscles, heel and shins wouldn't start to tighten or hurt causing a quick finish.

As always it was a hard slog to start, I had to start walking after 1.5k and felt like I was going to die within 3.  But my legs felt good, I had a couple of niggles on, in my heel and one in my left calf but where as with my other trainers it just increased until I had to stop, this time it stayed at the same level for no ore than 5 minutes and then disappeared altogether.  I was so happy.

I made it to 5K at 40:11 and at this point decided I would go for distance, I wanted to go at least 10K, even if it was slow, I just wanted to get the distance back onto my legs.  I continued up the river past my usual turning point, and it seemed to get easier the further I went.  I was still jogging/walking but recovery was fast.

I decided to turn at 7K knowing that my return to home journey, all be it slightly shorter, was still going to be about 6K and that would be 3k further than I had ever gone.

I was still feeling good up to 9K, but then my recovery time was becoming longer and my legs were starting to feel heavy and tired, I was desperate to get to 10K as close to my WR10K race time of 1:25:24 and managed to record 10k at 1:24:21.

I kept on jogging/walking for another 2K but decided at this point that the legs just wasn't up to the running part anymore, i was only managing to run for a few meters and would have to walk again so switched the watch off.

I had gone 12KM in 1:43:43 (yes the last 2k had taken me almost 20 minutes).  I then walked just over another kilometer home so all in all just over 13KM on my legs/feet, which by my reckoning is 1k shy of a 1/3 marathon!  When you think of it like that it doesn't seem s far ;/

All in all I was very happy with my run, but most importantly with my new trainers, I cannot make an informed review after 1 run, but I can say that although my legs feel a little stiff and tired today, that is just from the amount of time I used them yesterday and certainly not injured which is a fantastic start for them.

The watch, although quite basic, (I did buy the lower end model) was amazing at getting the GPS, it was extremely comfortable to wear, and the joystick function is very easy to use whilst running.  If it continues to work as well then I will definately consider buying one of the newer tomtoms with more functions.

Happy weekend all and Happy running, for me I now have to get back to studying :)
FBB


No comments:

Post a Comment