Monday 23 November 2015

I'm Back!!

Hi all,

It has been some time and I guess you think I had done a runner (pardon the pun).  But no, I took some time out to let my legs rest as I think I had a bit of the dreaded shin splints!  I guess when you are new(ish) to running, are overweight and extremely unfit you should expect to have to take it easy to start.

I have also been very busy with Uni work, have had to do various assignments, day schools and exams.  Also the fiance and I have been checking out more venues for our wedding.  BUSY BUSY BUSY!!


However I have 2 runs un-blogged, so here they come

4th November 15 - 4KM - 33m32s

This was the first try back after painful shins, and obviously a bit too soon.  It was a slog, early evening after work.  Having said that it had got a bit easier as I was getting to the 4k mark but was close to home and didn't want to push myself and injure myself yet again.

19th November 15 - 7.1k 1:05:24

Thursday morning, had taken the day off work to study for exam and decided to start the day with a run to boost my brain power.  A friend of mine had recent split with her bf and wanted to get out so decided to join me.  I have never had company before, and generally like to have my music pumping, concentrate on my breathing and get into the zone, but it was fun.  Admit we did do more walking than running as we hadn't seen each other in a while and had lots to catch up on.

I found running and talking very hard, I became very breathless.  But am hoping we can make it a regular thing as would like to get used to running/talking for when I do the London marathon.  I feel that locking myself in my earphones and zoning down would be a huge waste of a great experience.

When I got home my legs felt like they were asking me, what was that? why are we stopping? we haven't done anything!! (As it was quite slow) but my chest was saying you are suffocating me, get me an oxygen mask!!

So all in all I enjoyed the run and the company, but need to get used to it.

Both maps at bottom.

NOW for exciting news, well for me!!  I may have mentioned about how trainers make a massive difference to runners and injuries caused.  Well I use Asics GT2000, which are for over pronation.  Due to me getting the shin trouble I decided to pop back and get a re test.  I was told that yes I was very slightly over pronating, and that the Asics trainers I had were a good shoe, however I could try a cushioned support shoe, which could help take a bit of the impact of my weight slamming down on my knees and into my shins and ankles....(my words, the shop person was far nicer).

So I have bought myself a new pair of trainers to try out - Adidas Supernova Sequence 6, and a new GPS watch (mine refuses to get GPS until I have stood waiting for 20 minutes!)  The one I have is a Garmin Forerunner, so I am trying the Tom Tom Runner GPS 00.

I cannot wait for them to be delivered and to get out and use them... Watch this space for my review on the new products and whether I revert to my old ones and sulk at wasting my dosh!

So that's it from me for now, Happy running all, and see you real soon!

FBB x








2 comments:

  1. Everyone meet Mr FBB who would like to mention it was his money (his money/our money = my money) love you Mr FBB xx

    ReplyDelete