Wednesday 28 October 2015

What a Washout!

Hi,

So after my ParkRun on Saturday, I spent the rest of the weekend studying hard.  I had fallen behind with my uni work.  I am studying for a degree in Networking with the OU and had an assignment due in by 12 lunch time today.  I was 3 and a half chapters behind where I should be so needed to get a move on.

I spent all afternoon Sat and all day and evening Sun, and still was almost 2 chapters behind.  It is very heavy paced and with having a full time job, trying to run, a teenage daughter, a fiance, dog and trying to plan a wedding I decided I had probably taken on too much and wanted to give up.


As I didn't manage to get out to run Sunday, I got up at 6 Monday morning and got ready to go out.  I was so proud of myself for sticking to my plan and getting up early enough for a decent run before work.  I knew if I was to be able to do all of these things, running would have to happen before work and study after work.

Well it was a total washout!  My right quad was niggling again making it fee like my knee would give way at any moment, so I was tensing my left leg in case my right went and I fell.  My first K took me an agonizing 8 minutes and 10 Seconds, and then I had to walk.

I thought that I was out so if I could walk the niggle away I could start running and still get a few k in before having to head back.  Only due to tensing my left leg I was now getting bad cramp in my left calf!  I walked for almost 1K, I lent against a tree and really stretched but as soon as I started to try and run I was in pain.  I had to hobble home.

It made me think here we go again, 2 great runs followed by injury and another few weeks out!

Monday night I studied again and Tuesday I just about managed to get caught up and complete my assignment by 1.30am this morning.  (I was then up and in work by 8am, shattered.)

I think maybe I need to get a sports massage and some serious advise, as I am never going to be able to do marathon distance by April if I keep getting set back every other week.

Should really do more study tonight but am thinking bath, pjs, and snuggle on sofa to catch up on soaps!

FBB

PS. I succumbed to a KFC for lunch as the boys offered, and before I knew it I was making an order!  Another stab in my get fit, lose weight plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment