Saturday 24 October 2015

ParkRun

Hi,

So I haven't been able to get out since Tuesday due to working late all week!  But have managed to do my local Parkrun (Panshanger) this morning.  It was quite tough and I did have to walk/run, but not allowing that to disappoint me due to the course itself.

The course is mainly trail, has a slight accent for the first 1.5k, through wooded area, and a large stony path through a field.  It is then quite flat for 0.5k along grass and mud with a small relief of a road and decent for a few 100 meters. Just as you hit the 3K mark it has a nice down hill stretch on grass followed by a small stretch of off road type road before leading to the final 1.25k which is mainly grass/mud and finishes with a steep (although short I'd say 20 metres) hill to finish line.

This was my forth time completing it and I really wanted to get it under 40 minutes, however as I was on the final 1k stretch I really didn't think I was going to make it,

Chuffed to bits, I came in at 39.15!!  New course PB for me and now a new milestone to make and beat, Sub 35... Will take some time but hopefully I will get there.

Going to see how my legs feel tomorrow but would like to try getting out again, but if not I can get out before work next week with the clocks going back (so should be lighter at 6am) and not having to be in until an hour later than usual.

Happy weekend all and Happy Running!
FBB
x

A not so very attractive picture of me
running up the final hill to the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment