Tuesday 19 April 2016

Cinderella Will Go 2 The Ball....

In trainers and running tights!

Hi Readers,

Just wanted to check in and let you know how things are going.

I had my sports massage yesterday.  My ITB was tight as was my glutes and lower back.  Sharon was confident there was no damage in my muscles or knee.  She thought that it could be to do with my pelvis.

I went to see the Physio today, after lots of tests he also thought it was my pelvis.  My right side is stiffer than my left and I am leaning to the left quite severely.  He thinks this is why I am getting the strain in my left muscles and knee.

He has given me some more exercises to do to boost my glutes and help get my pelvis mobile again.  I have to go back to see him on Friday to see how I am going and to be taped up if necessary but he believes there is no reason why I cant go and do the marathon.

So I got home today and thought I would go for a run.  I did 3 sets of 12.5 minutes run 2.5 minutes walk.  By the end of the first set the muscle in my left quad started to pull and I could feel it in my knee, I did my walk and started the second set.  When the knee started twinging I shifted my weight to my right and made sure my posture was straight and changed my stride and kept telling myself there is no injury its your posture.

I kept squeezing my bum cheeks willing them to do the work they are made for.  By the third set the left leg/knee had got easier but by then I was tired and my legs were heavy.

I did 3.5 miles which was fine for this close to marathon. Tiring quickly didn't worry me too  much, as it was very hot, I had been to work, traveled to London had physio, traveled back work some more and endured the painful sports massage night before.

So how am I feeling?
Well to be honest with you, I actually think that thinking I was injured and thinking that I couldn't do the marathon has probably done me some good.  I am pretty sure that if it had not have happened, I would have done far too much running during Taper as I wouldn't have wanted to slow down.

Also I am sure I would have been over thinking the marathon, and getting nervous, thinking I couldn't do it and generally getting myself into a panic.  So as it happens I haven't really thought about it much at all.

I think it will all become very real when I go to the expo on Thursday and get my number.

I will keep you all posted over the next couple of days, but for now I am very tired and need my sleep.

Much Love,
FBB xx

No comments:

Post a Comment