Saturday 16 April 2016

Has Time Been Called?

Hi Readers.

I left you last Saturday having not had a great session and hoping to pop back Sunday having done a LSR.




Well I did go out, my left quad was hurting but the more I ran the more it eased up, that was until about 7 miles when my knee went!  I tried to continue but the leg said no!  I walked to 9 miles which got me home.

I was gutted, it was not what I needed to happen 2 weeks before the marathon.  I spoke to Richard and he said I could go visit the Physio, but I was sure that it was the same as what had happened to my right leg early on.... the muscle in the quad was strained and it was forcing the knee to collapse in.  I would rest, roll, stretch and cross train, and it would be fine after a few days.

I booked in some aqua classes and took an early night.

Monday - I stretched, rolled, freeze sprayed, bathed and pain/inflammation gelled and rested.
Tuesday - My ear started to hurt, it was swollen and painful, so I repeated Monday.
Wednesday - Ear was worse so I had to cancel my aqua classes, as couldn't risk the ear infection getting worse.
Thursday and Friday went the same way, but my leg had started to feel better, great, I would get out Saturday for at least a walk.

Today - Started early as I had to drop Rob and Chloe to Gauntlet Games at 7.45am, Chloe was marshaling and Rob was a gladiator.  I went home and started to do some stretching intending on going out, but my knee felt so stiff, as I walked it kept feeling like it was twisting and it was quite painful.

So here I am, 8 sleeps until London Marathon day, and I have no idea if I will be able to complete the course.  I WILL make the start line, and if the worst happens I will walk it as far as I can, and hopefully finish.  But for now I am seriously miserable, after all the effort and training I have put in, to get injured now is heartbreaking for me.  One minute I wonder if it is mental and all in my head, but then I try and run and it hurts, but then I wonder if I am just being over cautious.

I have a Sports massage on Monday, and maybe she will be able to help, I am praying she will be able to help.

So I just wanted to let you know what was happening, or not happening in my world, I guess if the worse does happen, then I know one thing for sure, I will be booking another marathon for as soon as I am fit, because I did not go through all of this for nothing!  I will not quit!

FBB
xx

4 comments:

  1. This is tough and I'm so sorry. I've been following your progress in the magazine and wish you well next Sunday. I admire your determination to get to the start line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kay, Thank you. I tried running yesterday, and got 1 mile and the knee went :( I have sports massage tonight and Richard (my coach) is trying to get me into physio. Hopefully all of this will help get me through on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. best of luck Elle , its so heart braking when something like this happens . I pulled my achilles two weeks before the half marathon 18 months ago , unfortunately I didn't even make the start line . Fingers crossed your support network can pull you through.
    I will be sat watching from the comfort of my sofa so will see if I spot you .
    All the best of luck we will be waiting with bated breath for Mondays blog so we know how it went.
    keep positive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ladybugw,

    Thank you so much for your well wishes. It has been a tough time. I will listen for your cheers!

    FBB xx

    ReplyDelete