Saturday 16 January 2016

Fatty Boom Boom is Back!

Hi Readers!

So we are almost at the end of Week 6, and in all fairness I have been pretty naughty in many ways!  Now I have done a fair bit of cross training, at home and at the gym but I have also drunk a fair bit of wine!

So I did a good session at Hartham gym on Wednesday, using the Cross-trainer, bike and weight machines, then to finish it off a little walk on the treadmill.  I was itching to turn the pace up and have a little jog but stopped myself.

I was intending on doing 10 minutes just to finish off my session, but got to 8 minutes and had a sudden urge to have a pee!!  Now as you all know I am an overweight lady, and to be honest all be it 16 years ago, I tore rather badly when having my daughter, and ignored all the advice of pelvic toning!!  So I have become a little bit lazy shall we say in that area, add that to the fact that I had just spent the last hour tensing whilst using the weight machines, to suddenly relax whilst walking I was in bit of a pickle!!

I stopped the machine quick, but of course that didn't stop the urge, the gym was full of athletic looking men and women so I couldn't cross my legs, bend over or hold myself for a couple of minutes until it passed without looking like a complete idiot, but was scared to move in case it started...

I shuffled off the treadmill and tried to tense as best I could as I walked up the middle of the gym and past the young good looking, muscle clad PT at the main desk, bashed the lock button on the door and walked through!  Few there was no one on the stairs so I took a moment just to compose myself before exiting.  Obviously the second I left the gym it had passed and I didn't need the toilet anymore!

Friday was exciting, I had a large box delivered to work from High 5 with lots more of my favorite products to keep me going.  As I love the Berry Tablets, I asked to try the Berry IsoGels.  I wasn't disappointed, I opened one and gave it a taste, OMG its like raspberry yoghurt which is my favorite!  DELISH!
So on to today..... Well as the title states FBB is back, I asked Richard if it would be alright to go out and try a short run this weekend.  He told me to use the gym as I had been so ill and it was so cold outside and take it easy, listen to my body and let i'm know how it goes.

So I was woke up early (4.15am) as my fiance was going to Hell Runner, the first time he had ever run a race like this... (Will tell you more about that later)  he had to get the train to Hampshire.  After he left I went back to sleep and didn't get up until 1030.  The sun was pouring through my window, the sky was blue and stunning, I had to go out.  I got up and had my porridge, and then took an hour after whilst charging my watch and ipod.  I dressed warm, which is a first for me, a long sleeved London Marathon rejection jumper (we have a few from Rob's attempts).  Also I put my marathon talk head band/snood thingy on to cover my ears.  I set my watch for 5 mins warm up and then 5 sets of 20 min run and 5 min recovery.  I didn't expect to go past the first set but wanted my watch to be set in case I could so I didn't have to fiddle with it during the run.  Off I went....

It didn't even feel kind, and it was so nice to be out in the fresh air, my watch soon buzzed me to start running, and it felt like I was home again.  I wanted to make sure I took it easy and thought I was dropping back and going quite slow.  I soon finished the first set and was taking my 5 minute recovery, and a yummy Berry IsoGel, then off into the second set.  I cannot rave about these gels enough, not only do they taste amazing they gave me the extra buzz i needed to carry on.

It wasn't long before I was half way through my 3rd set and turning round to follow my path back.

By the end of my forth set my legs were starting to feel like they were weighted down, I started my 5th set but after 5 minutes I decided to stop, my legs were really heavy and my chest had started to get tight, I think I probably could have finished the 20 minutes but having been ill with the chest infection I wanted to listen to my body and not risk worse illness or injury.

I stopped my watch when I stopped running and then started it again for my walk home as that was my cool down (1.2km), in total I had done 9 miles!! The furthest I had gone!  but what was better was the fact when I got home and looked at my stats I had been running at very slightly faster (seconds) than my previous long run.  I really didn't think I had, I thought I was barely going faster than walking!

So all in all I am so happy to be back, I feel amazing after the run and I am so ready to start next week and back to proper training!

As for Rob, he has only ever done normal running races, well if you can call marathon distance normal... but he finally managed to win something and that was an entry to Hell Runner Down South.  He absolutely loved it and finished it in 1 hour 51, 10.5 miles of mud, bogs, freezing lakes, having to climb sheer vertical woody hills and slide down the same!  I am so proud of what he achieved, and the fact he said he would like to do it again is fab.  I would love to try something like it after the marathon and maybe some assault courses, so hopefully we can enjoy these together.

So keep at it guys, no matter what life throws at you, pull your big boy pants up and sweat it out.

FBB xx



No comments:

Post a Comment