Sunday 24 January 2016

Roller coaster

Good Evening all!

Training has become a roller coaster.... of emotions, progress and enjoyment it has all had its ups and its downs...



So I left you last week having completed 9 miles on my LSR,  this week started well:

Monday I worked hard at resting.

Tuesday I went to the gym and did a good Strength & Conditioning session followed by a 30 minute run - 3.86km.

Wednesday I did a short Pilates video at home, followed by a bottle of white wine... I know, I know, I should not have been drinking but I was celebrating taking on a new role at work.

Thursday I decided to swap with Friday and take a rest day, to be honest I had felt pretty carp all day after the wine... just goes to show I cannot drink anymore!

Friday I did my intervals I should have done Thursday - 5m warm up and cool down, 4 sets of 6 minutes at 8km/h with 30 second recovery - 4.59km

Saturday I woke up and the sun was shining so I thought I'd do my LSR in case it wasn't so nice on Sunday.... So it should have been 4 sets of 30min run with 5min recovery... unfortunately I only managed the first 30 minutes as the top half of my right leg was very painful.  It was something that Ellie my Physio had noticed when she did my checks.  Due to the fact my muscles are weak and I am not using my glutes it is affecting my knee.

I had gone about 3.5 miles so then had to limp back all the way home.. It really upset me but luckily I was going out Saturday evening to celebrate a friends birthday, so I soon cheered up.

So brings us to today, I have been a right miserable bitch... just ask my other half, I have spoken to my coach and he has given me advice and told me not to let it get to me because its bound to happen being a new runner and with the added fact of my weight.  He has told me to look to the future and use the fact that this is all making the path way to my better healthier life, and that the marathon will just be a training run for my new running life.

I know what he means and I am trying not to be sad but it does get me down, so with that in mind I didn't want this to be another miserable post so I want to finish on a lighter note with a little trick to bear in mind....

The 'Sweaty Betty' Maneuver..

So obviously being the larger lady and somewhat unfit (although that has got better) I do tend to sweat a fair amount the second I start movement.. So when at the gym and I am on the weight machines I have to pull the 'Sweaty Betty' maneuver.

I stand up and pick my towel up from the floor and place it on the seat as I bend down to pick up my bottle of water, then as I grab my towel from the seat I sneakily wipe the seat dry!  Its all done in a quick swift movement and no one is the wiser.

Well they wasn't until anyone that goes to my gym who reads this blog will now be watching for it!!

So for now my dear readers, enjoy trying the 'Sweaty Betty' maneuver and keep running, I for now will enjoy resting.

FBB xx



No comments:

Post a Comment