Wednesday 27 January 2016

Just a short one....

Oi Oi... ha ha, what I mean to say is just a short post to let you know how I am feeling and getting on.

So I spoke to Richard about my injury and I am now booked into go and see Ellie at Pure Sports Medicine  tomorrow morning.

Monday as always was rest day.
Tuesday - intervals, which I was meant to do on the bike due to my leg injury, which by the way is a suspected VMO strain, which (I had to look it up) is the teardrop shaped muscle just above your knee to inside.

So I did the walk on the treadmill and really worked hard on my posture, I tried lifting my chest up as high as I could keeping my back straight, sucked my belly and bum in and dug my heels in as I stepped down.  Well, finally my bum and the backs of my legs woke up and took the strain, and my injured leg felt fine.  So I decided to do my intervals, 3 sets of 8 mins at 8km/h with 60 seconds in between recovery.

The first set went well, very well in fact, I felt my breathing was much easier and my running pattern felt more natural.  The second set started well but my fitness started to tire by the end of and I was struggling to hold my posture.  I only just started the 3rd set when I realised I couldnt hold my posture and the weight shifted to my VMO muscle and my god did that hurt so I stopped.

I now know 2 things, keeping your posture really helps your running, and my upper body and core really need work!

Today I have done a short dance video and 40 minute strength and conditioning work out.  I feel really good too.  Really stretched out, but what was more amazing is - I have never been able to touch my toes, in fact I can barely pass my knees due to very short tight ham strings.  Well I can now almost reach my ankles!  RESULT!

So all in all I am a happy Fatty Boom Boom again.


High5 have published a lovely article on their website about us see it here: 

Will check in with you all again at the weekend,

FBB xx

PS.  Feel free to leave a comment or two, would be lovely to hear from you!



4 comments:

  1. Love your blog, so down to earth, keep on training you have done well so far, despite injuries. Looking forward to next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - love your honesty. I like to read just before I go on a (very slow) run - gives me motivation!! Keep going!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do try to be as honest as I can. Keep in touch and let me know how your own running is going, and remember whilst you are out running (slow or otherwise) someone else is sitting on the sofa thinking about it!

      Delete