Wednesday 17 February 2016

Fast Food n Fast Running

Good evening all,

You will be glad to know this is not another post where I tell you I am ill again and not training. I managed a full week last week, and as long as I pick my back side off the sofa after writing this blog and do some X training and SnC I will have completed this week so far.



So lets have a catch-up:

Saturday - Did not want to get out of bed I can tell you! The OH kept on at me, (he just wanted lift into town for haircut) but the warm depths of my quilt were pulled firmly round my body.  Eventually I popped one toe out and braved the cold and hauled my great Fatty Boom Boom out of bed and into my gym clothes.

Off I went down to the gym for 20 minutes easy X Train and 40 Mins SnC.  I did 5 mins on the X trainer and 15 minutes on the bike.  Then popped round to the weights machines.  Did a few sets on each and then home to finish off with a mixture of stretches from Ellie and Richard.

Spent the rest of the day lazy backside firmly planted in the sofa.

Sunday - LSR, So Richard had planned me with options as we wasn't sure how I would get on after being off training for so long.  3 or 4 sets of 15 or 20 minutes with 5 minute recovery, well I ended up doing 4 sets of 20 minutes with 4 minute recovery.  It was quite a nice run, I wouldn't say easy, the last 5 minutes of each set seemed to really drag and hurt but I completed it. 12.5k in total.

Monday - Eassssssy (Rest Day)

Tuesday - Intervals, So when they say that nutrition is key, they DO NOT LIE!  I had treated myself to a double cheeseburger and chips at lunch (1pm) from McDonalds.  Didn't think anything of it as I topped up to the gym at almost 5pm.

Start the treadmill, nice 15 min walk to start, then 5 x 5 minutes, I set the treadmill to 8.3 for the first set, and I thought the Cheeseburger was going to reappear!

I managed to finish the set for a 1 minute recovery, then off to the second set at 8.3, again my cheeseburger was threatening to say hello!

3rd set the heartburn had set in, by the forth set I had to stop and start.  I wanted to quit but refused to allow myself too so on I went to complete the 5th set at 8.2.  It hurt so bad but I managed it.

Started the cool down walk, was half way through and I got a stitch in my rib, it was so painful I couldn't breathe and had to stop the session there and then.

Still I had made 6.25km in 53.35 min.

I have learnt my lesson, I will not be eating that sort of food again on training days, it really isn't good.

And so we are to today, I am sitting here yawning, typing away, trying to talk myself into all kinds of reasons to put off today's training session.  So I had better finish for now and go get it done.

One least piece of advice, think about Elvis, and lay off the burgers,  fast food is no good for fast running!

FBB xx


1 comment:

  1. Good woman for gettin stuck bck in! I've just had ten days off due to a cough/cold and tummy bug - getting back into the swing of it is soooo tough!

    ReplyDelete