Sunday 28 February 2016

Further Still & Charity

Good Evening people.

This has been a mixed week, from a training point of view, as you will have read in my last post, I messed up my intervals so I went on a short run after. I have been really good with my diet and have lost 4 pounds! I am now 14st13 first time I have been under 15 in a very long time.

I have been drinking lots of water every day, unfortunately (and as always ill be honest) my no alcohol until Silverstone crashed and burned!  I had 3 bottles of Peroni on Friday night, but in fairness that is a massive cut down to usual, I have also bought a single serve wine as a treat tonight, had to buy single serve as I cannot be trusted to just have one glass!!


Since then:

Wednesday - I went to the gym and did 15 minutes on the bike, 5 mins on cross trainer, and a few sets of weights.

Thursday - I tried to do my intervals again, and this time outside, but I went out too fast on the first, in fact I did my fastest mile at 11:06, but it had impact and although I did finish all intrevals it was with many pauses to watch and stretching.

Friday - Rest Day

Saturday - Cheeky park run in 39:50, and then later on the evening me and Rob did the full set of Richard's SnC and full set of Ellie's Exercises.

Sunday - LSR - Having managed running 5k in full on the Tuesday we changed today's session to 3 sets of 40 minutes with 5 minutes recovery.  I decided I would go out between 7 and 7.4 km/h whilst running and try my hardest to stick to this.  In this way I would average 7km/h even with the walking, which would eventually lead me to a half marathon time of 3 hours.

The first set went well, I used an ISOGEL during my 5 minute walk, the second set also went well, and I used another ISOGEL half way through, then a Raspberry caffeine plus GEL at the 5 min recovery.  The third set was a little harder, my legs were tired, I took my last ISOGEL half way through and used mantra to get me through last 10  minutes.  I decided I wanted to add some extra to the end so that I made it to 18k, my furthest yet.

I did complete 18k (having dived into my gym to fill up my water bottle) in 2:34:36, and scraping 2 minutes 44 off my previous 15k time.  Just goes to show changing my style and sticking to a steady pace helps!

I also downloaded a very good audio book, The Unmumsy Mum having followed the author on Twitter, it made a massive difference, a) unlike my music its calm nature kept my steady pace b) my mind was so into listening and laughing I forgot I was running!  Definitely worth a listen/read.

As you well know I didn't choose  to run the London Marathon as an event to do for charity, however I have decided that as it will be a massive achievement, if I could use it to help others it would be worthwhile.  (I have been asked many times by friends and family if I was as they wanted to show their support.)

Marley reading about me in Women's Running
I battled hard with deciding on a charity, but after many discussions, and a Facebook poll, I have chosen to raise funds for:

Cornwall Hospice Care - My father and my Nan were both cared for by them and in particular St Julia's Hospice, where my father spent the final weeks of his life after losing his battle with Cancer.

Dogs Trust - Because I have always loved dogs, and have always got mine from re-homing centers up until Marley who is my current baby boy.  He was found abandoned by a friend of mine and after checking vets, chip, and contacting the police, we were told he would be destroyed.... I took him in, he was only estimated 12 months old, that was many years ago and he is now an old man, but still looks like the young pup I fell in love with.


If you would like to donate to my charities then please see my Fundraising Page



Couple of additions to my blog:
I have now added a new page called Training which links to all of my training plans written by my coach, my completed training plans and my strength & Conditioning plans (the old link at the side of page also links there now).

Also under the links section on home page, there is now a link to My Fitness Pal food diary so you can all watch my diet and tell me off when I eat really bad!!

For this week it is past my bed time, so I will bid you a good night, a happy running, and a big thumbs up!

FBB xx




No comments:

Post a Comment