Wednesday 23 December 2015

BMC Week 3.. Is it any better than last?

In a word no!...

Monday - Rest Day, which was very handy after a very heavy night with the family on Sunday!  Didn't manage to move out of bed all day ...

Tuesday - 15m Brisk Walk, 5 x 4 Minutes steady effort run, 1 min recovery and 15 min Brisk walk... I HATE intervals, menstrual cycles, A certain dog and cyclist, wind, rain, and admitting I'm wrong and Richard/everyone is right, drinking copious amounts of alcohol just doesn't work when you are training even if it is 2 days later!





Now, if you cant quite see from the picture this is how it went, I accidentally smashed my phone on Sunday, my wonderful fiance ordered me a new IPhone 6 on Monday and it was delivered on Tuesday.  When I got in from work he told me I couldn't have it until after my training, I had been feeling a bit sick still, but felt that it was due to my very heavy period and decided that the run would do me good.  So off out I go in shorts and T shirt, the wind was rapid and the rain painful, but it didn't deter me.

I started my 1st interval and it went OK, although as usual far too fast (by my standards and the standards of a tortoise).  I was doing my 1 min walk and started to think that it felt far to long, it was then I realised I had set my rest periods to 4 mins instead of 1!  So I had to stop reset my watch and start again.

Off I went on the second lap, it felt o.k again but still too fast, by the third lap I had got into what I felt was a good pace, only a dog decided to run around me tangling my legs in his lead and then barking at me as I tripped.

Its o.k I kept a mantra 'I will keep going, I will finish this run and I will get my shiny new IPhone' So onto the forth lap, BANG a cyclist went straight into me knocking me flying and cycled off muttering obscenities!   I picked myself up and started to run again but I felt like my head was about to explode, Id like to say that I hit it when I fell, but no, I am sure it was down to the pressure of pushing myself far to hard having been so dehydrated having had far too much alcohol on Sunday and not properly re hydrating since.

So I gave up there and then and walked the 15 minute walk home.  I felt really annoyed at myself, more than the dog or the cyclist, although they were pretty annoying.

I did get to open my phone, but it kind of felt less enjoyable.

Wednesday - Has been a very lazy day, didn't get out of bed until after 2pm, watched lots of films.  It was so nice, then we all had a big Domino's and watched more films, only then I started to feel like my old ways were setting back in so I decided to get on with my Strength and Conditioning.

I even roped the other half in, we looked like right pillocks in the living room doing an insanity warm up and then using the Tera Bands whilst watching Richard's videos and listening to pumping house music!

I managed to do all 10, although I didn't manage to complete all the sets and to the ability I should have been, when it came to the press ups.  But I can work on that, I knew that my upper body is very weak.

So here we are 2 days before Christmas, and I am still trying and working with my training plans, learning so much about myself and about what I can and cant do.

Tomorrow sees me out for a short easy run followed by a Park Run Christmas Morning, I am looking forward to that, then a rest day on Sat and long run on Sunday.

Keep Running and write to you all soon, Have a very Happy Christmas!
FBB xx

No comments:

Post a Comment