Thursday 10 December 2015

Half Way Through Week One!

Hi Readers,

So this week the training started for the Big Marathon Challenge....

Monday was really hard.... it was a rest day - Thank you Richard!  As it was the start I decided to weigh myself so that I can update you on what I lose through my training as this is my big goal, but as my muscles will increase and they weigh more I will also tell you my dress size.

I weighed 15 stone 6, and am a tight size 18.




Tuesday was interval running. Started with 15 minutes brisk walk and finished with 15 minutes brisk walk and included 4 x 3 minute steady effort run and 1 minute recovery walk.

I went out too fast for me on the first interval, and burned out, the following 3 got slower each time, but I completed it all and felt happy for that.

Wednesday was cross training.  I had contacted my local Everyone Active Gym and told them about my part in the Big Marathon Challenge, and was contacted by Ian Ling, Fitness Manager offering my membership up until the Marathon and any help I needed in the gym.  I was over the moon with his offer so once I got in from work I got changed and off I popped down to the gym.

Once there I spoke to Ross who discussed what machines I could use to work on other parts of my body and most importantly my core.  I did 10 mins on the cross trainer, 10 mins on the bike, and then did some reps on 4 of the weight machines.  I was really grateful for his advice and help showing me how to use the machines properly.

I completed the 40 minutes I had on my plan, but learnt a few things, I hate the cross trainer, it hurts the quads!  I have very weak arms, the machine where I had to lift the weighted arms above my head, I didn't manage to finish it, (And I was on the lowest weight).  I thought I was quite strong, I used to carry barrels, and carry computers on a daily basis, but I guess I don't walk around carrying them above my head.

I woke up this morning, and I was quite stiff!  This evening saw me walking 10 minutes, easy run for 20 minutes and 10 minutes walk.  My legs hurt but I didn't quit, obviously my fitness is better than my muscles as my breathing was fine.  I finished and was happy to see that I had averaged 10 min per KM for my walks and just shy of 8 min per km for the run.

The week so far has been hard, but not so hard I have given up, and it needs to be hard to do any good.  Tomorrow I have another 30 mins cross training, and am thinking I will get up and go before work.  I will then have all day tomorrow and all day Saturday (another rest day) to rest up as I am doing the Mo Farah Christmas 10k Run at the Olympic Park on Sunday.

I am really enjoying having structured plans to keep me motivated towards my goal.

Thanks for reading, and I will be back on Sunday to let you now how my 10k goes.

FBB xx


No comments:

Post a Comment