Saturday 19 December 2015

What a Difference a Day Makes...

..... 24 little hours....

So Friday night I managed to organise a big family meal for this Sunday.  With 2 of my 5 sisters and my only brother, also their partners and my nephews including 2 young babies!!!  I have never hosted a family meal, in fact to get more than 2 sets in a room at one time is especially rare as we all live so far apart.  So that's 6 Adults, 2 teens and 2 babies, all for dinner.... Well excitement can only last so long.


So because of said meal I decided to go for my long run today, I had to do 3 sets of 15m Brisk walk and 15m easy effort run.  My legs were quite stiff to start and it felt a struggle even to do the walk.  But after the first run they had warmed up and I got into my flow.  I found that the last run was a bit tough but otherwise it went well.  I think that the 15 m walks in between maybe a bit long but understand the point of doing it.  It just gets a bit boring and my legs itch to carry on.

See map below.

On my run today I also tried some High5 gels, something I have not before.  I tried the orange Iso gel and the citrus gel.  I enjoyed the orange iso gel, it felt quite refreshing, I wasn't as hot on the Citrus but that was more the flavour, it did give me an instant buzz though.

When I got home I had my favourite High5 Chocolate Recovery Shake followed by a nice hot bath, and was moisturising my legs when I realised something quite amazing.... I had ankles!!  No longer were the mounds so called kankles, I could see perfectly defined ankles and what's more solid calve muscles, no wobbles.  Now to work on the upper flabby thighs!

I have spent the rest of the day doing house work ready for tomorrows' family meal ad am now enjoying catching up on soaps fro the week and being a little bit naughty with a few chocolates and a couple of glasses of wine... Well it is Christmas...

One thing is for sure, I feel so much better... Happy Running
FBB xx

Some pictures from my run:


Table ready for tomorrow:
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment