Thursday 31 December 2015

Confessions of an EX Couch Potato

Hi Readers,

As we say goodbye to 2015 and hello to 2016, I wanted to look back and reflect over the past year.  Also will let you know how this weeks training has been going, and my first appearance in Women's Running Magazine.



Reflection

So my first entry in 2015 was February, it was also the only entry for February and was on the treadmill - 30 minutes, 3.38km.

March, April & May recorded an average of 12 activities, again mostly treadmill and ranged between 20 & 30 minutes, 2-3.5km.  I did manage a couple of 5ks and 1- 7k all of which were walk/run.

June only saw 5 entries however the distance was better, with a 7,8 and 10km, but what generally happened with the longer runs back then was weeks off after as in pain.

July saw 12 entries again but this was mainly swimming with a few classes chucked in.... in fact it was one of these so called classes that saw me out of action for some time, it was a body attack class, the next morning I couldn't move!  Leaving only a few sessions in August of swimming and zumba.

September came and this is where things started to pick up, I ran my first 10k race and maintained at least 1 -  5k + run each week.  October saw me start doing park runs, and at least 2 - 5k + runs a week. Finally November trailed off and only saw a couple of runs.

Then here to December and the Big Marathon Challenge where I am training 5 out of 7 days!  In total I have (documented) run 170 miles this year.  Which for now feels like a lot however I know I am probably going to run more than that between now and the London Marathon in 4 months.

BMC Week 4

Monday - Rest Day
Tuesday - Intervals, I decided to do these on the treadmill as I am finding it difficult to regulate my speed.  I found it much easier and managed to complete the whole session.
Wednesday - I spent a good hour odd in the gym, using lots of machines including weights.  I really enjoyed today and felt like I could have gone round again as I was enjoying it so much.
Thursday - Today I have done a short run, 10 min walk, 30 min run, 10 min walk, did 6k in total and the run averaged 8km/h.  It shows progression and I have felt really good all day.  (See bottom)

I have added a new link on the home page of this blog - View My Training which links to a spreadsheet with all my training as it happens.  If you would like some ideas of what training to do as a beginner then take a look.  I am using it for quick reference of progression.


Women's Running Magazine

I woke up Tuesday morning so early, so excited to see the magazine!  I couldn't wait for my subscription copy to be delivered so off I went to WHSmiths to buy a copy as soon as they opened.

I wasn't disappointed!  It was a fabulous 7 page spread on the Big Marathon Challenge, and a whole page dedicated just to me!  There was a slight error, in the fact my Fiance's name as you all know is Rob and not Richard as they stated but otherwise it was fab!





So from me to all of you, Happy New Year, I will see you on the other side :)
FBB xx






No comments:

Post a Comment